Monday, September 21, 2015

Everesting Week 11

Miles, miles and miles. They are just accumulating as the weeks go by. I passed 2014’s annual mileage at the start of the month and now and I am heading for a very big year! Here is how Week 11 shook out:

Monday, would have been an Off day but I had an easy spin to get the new Vector 2 pedals all synced up. I have kept my Stages Crank on and that is synced to my Fenix 3 and the Vectors to my 810. There seems to be a difference between the two of about 10% with the Stages reporting  the higher number. With consistency in mind I need to decide which to follow and go from there.

Tuesday. TrainerRoad Carpathian Peak. Carpathian Peak is 3x12-minute over-under intervals with 1-minute valleys at 95% FTP and 2-minute peaks that ascend to 105% FTP. Recoveries between over-unders are 8-minutes long. First three miles warming up and messing with cleats position. Struggling to reach the highs, still only at 95%.

image

Wednesday. TrainerRoad Townsend. Townsend consists simply of 1.5 hours of Aerobic Endurance spent between 60-70% FTP. Solid set, easy 3 mile extra warm up. Getting more used to new Look cleats

image

Thursday. TrainerRoad Dade-1. Finally feeling like I am 95% recharged, couldn't get to power targets but was consistent across all the Overs. Dade -1 is three sets of 3x2-minute VO2 max repeats at 120% FTP. 2 minutes of recovery falls between Intervals and 6 minutes of easy spinning separates each set. Extra 3 mile warm up and 2 mile cool down.

image

Friday. Off!

Saturday. Long ride. Rode to the nearest point of the Ojai Century and joined that ride with the downloaded route on my 810. Hot day with temps in the 100s. Made the two climbs without any issues. A couple of missed turns where I had missed them before and was following the GPS. Got into Carp and blew out my back tire. It looked a lot worse than it turned out to be but Becca came and got me. Another ride in the mid 90s, fated not to crack 100 miles on a single ride. Stopped off on the way home to pick up some new tires for Sunday.

image

imageimage

Sunday. With yesterday's long ride done, we met a pal who was in town from Alaska and rode through hidden valley, it was even hotter than yesterday and she suffered. Made the climbs no problem although legs felt tired from mile 30 onwards. Much more of a coffee ride. Happy to be home! Very happy with the new Conti’s much less chatter on the road and a softer ride.

image

So the tally for the week was 223 miles in 14:40. A nice solid three week build with just under 600 miles and 42 hours.

This coming weekend Becca and I are heading to Mammoth Lakes for some R&R and of course the bikes are coming too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post and leaving a comment, if you are entering a contest, please ensure you put some sort of unique name down so I can get back to you. E-mail addresses are ONLY displayed to me, and never shared, sold, pilfered, or anything else unhappy.